"Could someone please explain to me why Scooter Libby is the only person on trial in the Valerie Plame leak investigation?"
* The war within Islam.
* Cheney's influence is (probably) on the decline.
* "Smuggling violence has increased in Arizona during the past six months, the byproduct of a clampdown by federal immigration authorities."
* Dana Milbank on the sartorial statements in the Senate.
* Push to restore voting rights to convicted felons.
* "The media's portrayal of young women as sex objects harms girls' mental and physical health."
* "Robo-sub takes Antarctic plunge"
* Competition inspires Comcast to... raise prices. Well then.
* Tom Shales on the new ultra-conservative comedy.
* Book banned over the word 'scrotum'.
Gene Weingarten looks for the celebrity angle. (Courtesy demigoth.)
In defense of the introvert.
"It is not that lying makes you popular, but knowing when to say something and not be completely blunt is in fact a social skill... We don't want to hear hurtful things, so a person who is totally honest may not be as popular as someone who lies. This is not to say lying is a good thing, but it is the way the social world operates."