Last night my parents came over to watch MC 900 Foot Zoe, so RQ and I headed out to visit Latinate. Who lives in, judging by how long it took to drive there, Indiana. We brought her some provisions and had some tastee homemade macaroni bake and chatted. All keen since we hadn't seen her since she returned from New Zealand.
After that, we watched Lilo & Stitch, which reminded me how it's the best film from last year that doesn't star Jesus Christ. Must have people over to watch it soon.
Tonight, Oscars at the abode of Nicholas, Ozzric and Scullerstein. It will be good to see people, as [insert usual rant about not getting to see my friends enough. Sigh.]
How much money does an Oscar win bring to a film? Not as much as you might think. And man, there's too many frikkin' awards shows out there these days.
Oh, and let me highly recommend the text on http://www.rivien.com/ if you haven't seen it since the company went away.
* Details on the post-war rebuilding: which companies will put Iraq back together again?
* A look at the propaganda the Iraqi public is hearing (and conspiratorially, some for us too.)
* The French wonder if their opposition went too far.
* Good news: military avoiding taking out Iraqi power grids and other infrastructure.
* The difference between grass roots and astroturf campaigns. (This stuff bugs me.)
* More good news: scientists track down the virus causing SARS.
* Evergreen alum killed in nonviolent protest in a Palestinian refugee camp. Bad sign.