Interesting profile of the secretary of state under siege in, shall we say, complex international times.
Checking in with the Zeitgeist Checklist.
* Haw haw. Defense department official who called for a boycott of law firms protecting Guantanamo detainees resigns.
* Democrats are a chatty lot.
* "An officer who arrested a man for cursing in a public meeting violated the man's right to free speech, a federal appeals court ruled Friday." Goddamn right.
* Gossip columns grow in DC, but keep the city's, uh, certain allure.
* Texas governor uses executive order to require schoolgirls to receive HPV vaccine, and to make it free to those who can't pay.
* eBay bans auctions of virtual items.
* "Nevertheless, we are disappointed that someone dressed as Chewbacca would behave in this way."
Language differences between the scientific and the political.
Turner will pay Boston to help quell the anger wrought by the Mooninite Two. Lame.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.