"The Pentagon has abandoned its limit on the time a citizen-soldier can be required to serve on active duty."
Wow. John Dickerson tears up Maliki and Bush. Great read.
Twenty-five years ago today, Air Florida Flight 90 crashed into the 14th Street Bridge, minutes after taking off from National. 78 people were killed, including 4 motorists on the bridge.
* Time calls Bush's speech "a testament of failure" and lists three good questions that it raises. Zbigniew Brzezinski (yes, that one) lists five flaws. Rosa Brooks thinks Bush might be looking ahead to the next election. More links from Howard Kurtz here.
* Dan Froomkin found some revisionist history in Bush's story.
* France faces a growing tide of racism.
* Schwarzenegger is a prime example of state leaders crossing party lines to put their state first.
* Federal raids of porn studios questioned.
* More angry words between Peter Jackson and New Line.
* NBC gambles on Friday Night Lights.
A groundhog's commute.
It's the box office that driving Hollywood's year of part threes.
Illuminatus author Robert Anton Wilson passed away.