"President's new strategy does something he has avoided since invasion in 2003: Ordering top brass to take action they resisted and advised against."
"The White House simply cannot answer the seminal question: Why should we think things will be different this time?"
Neat. Tracking the top stories in the media.
* American airstrikes in Somalia continue.
* Abu Aardvark on Sadr and Iran.
* Straightforward words from the frontlines.
* Dana Milbank notes that Republican senators are in a different quandary over the war.
* Howard Kurtz on the Democrats' budget woes, tonight's speech, and other hot topics.
* The new domino theory, championed by Cheney.
* The EU eyes massive overhaul to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
* Los Angeles police unveil new tactics to fight gang violence.
* "Last year was the warmest on record for the United States."
* A neutron star with four magnetic poles?
Living life at minimum wage. Also, debunking minimum wage myths.