Five years later, and Guantanamo remains problematic.
BAGnewsNotes on "the new way forward."
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* This just in New York stinks.
* Meet the new head of Central Command. Will the war last years more? And Wesley Clark on the dangers of a surge.
* Bush to nominate Khalilzad to be the envoy to the UN.
* Rich Lowry on the Democrats' full court press.
* John Edwards, the YouTube candidate.
* Will Paxil help hypochondriacs?
* The National Society of Film Critics names its movie of the year.
* Laurie Berkner remains the queen of kiddie music.
"The Rehnquist story deserves a third airing today if only to illustrate the ugly double standards that excuse extreme drug use by the powerful, especially if their connection is a prescribing doctor, and condemns to draconian prison terms the guy who purchases his drugs on the street."