Weekly roundup at the Zeitgeist Checklist.
* The US is set to back the interim Somali government.
* The return of the imperial presidency.
* Why the NRA is opposing Bush's energy policies.
* "[The Supreme Court] is once again on track to take its fewest number of cases in modern history."
* Elections are coming, so Northern Virginia lawmakers decide to do something about traffic congestion.
* BAGnewsNotes on the Time cover about the Iraq surge, and what they're not covering.
* Jewelry sales move online.
* Why Whole Foods is bombing.
* The public is increasingly embracing new technology.
* "Astronomers have mapped the cosmic 'scaffold' of dark matter upon which stars and galaxies are assembled."
* People with a fear of flying face new pressures in the modern era of crazy security.
* Marilyn Manson is getting a divorce.
Solving one of the biggest riddles about AIDS and HIV: when should treatment start?
Attention Canadians coming to America to do charity work in that major disaster area in which we lost a major city: keep your terrorist tools to yourself.