Last night's dinner-and-game-night was a hit; we'll definitely plan another ... eventually. M.'s fettuccine and ham were both tasty hits. Next time, though, a different game. Robo Rally is fun, but a six-player game just takes too long. Today's unexpected day off thrown into chaos when, upon sitting down to start checking my e-mail, the power goes off. OK, fine. M. and I plot in the dark ( we live underground ) and decide to head to zee mall. Get some fast food, run a few errands ( yes, we're splurging, or at least our current version of it ,) pick up a prezzie for tze bebe, and hit the theater. Children of Men is pretty darn good. No, seriously. I'm a big fan of the dystopian future, and man, this is a grim one. Good stuff. More action-y than I expected. Well, not really action, but, yeah. A lot of other interesting inferences and references. Well worth catching. Trailers : * The Hills Have Eyes 2 - teaser trailer, but, whatever. I didn't even catch the remake last year. * The Curse of the Golden Flower - ah, Lords of the Rings -style epic battle scenes, but in ancient China. Sign me up. * Breach - based on the true story of Robert Hanssen ! How... peculiar. We'll see how the writing is, because that's what's gonna make or break this one.