How would historical leaders handle Iraq: Caesar, Genghis Khan, Lincoln, Washington.
In pictures: the Hajj pilgrimage.
* Eta ends its ceasefire with a bombing in Madrid.
* New state laws show an impatience with the federal government.
* The problem with residency restrictions for sex offenders.
* White House press briefings, reporters, and the cameras.
* The Beltway cult of Gerald Ford.
* Republican infighting in Kansas.
* Jobs cleared in Apple stock scandal.
* Why are more kids getting kidney stones?
* Knighthood for scientific advisers in the UK.
* The 4th Indiana Jones movie is tentatively set for May 2008.
Another thrilling Anita Blake comic review by Chris Sims.
This year, there'll be a legion of Imperial Stormtroopers in the Rose Bowl Parade.