Andrew Cohen on the lethal injection controversy. Good read.
Reality check: more than 90% of all Americans have had premarital sex, and those numbers go back farther than you think.
MORNING NEWS BRIEF:
* "Imagine if journalism consisted of more than a collage of conflicting talking points. Imagine the difference it would make if more brand-name reporters broke from the bizarre straitjacket of 'balance,' which equates fairness with putting all disputants on equal epistemological footing, no matter how deceitful or moronic they may be."
* Libya sentences aid workers to death.
* White House censors former analyst's column.
* Pentagon report discusses the state of the anti-American forces at work in Iraq. A military assessment says security must come before stability can be achieved.
* On the ground in Bagdhad.
* When does an embassy become a military base?
* Meanwhile, the elections in Iran yield some interesting numbers.
* Yet another presidential signing statement, this one over the already-frustrating India nuclear deal.
* What bioterrorism threat? HHS ditches plans for anthrax vaccine.
* Pinning your hopes on whale vomit.
* The FBI will release the last of its files on John Lennon.
* That might not be what he wants in a presidential library.
* Animation great Joseph Barbera passed away.
"The ADD generation" declines medication.
In defense of more television coverage of Congress.
WOW. Controversial director Uwe Boll boxes his opponents - no, literally. Including SomethingAwful.com founder "Lowtax." This is *the* most awesome story of the year.