-Victor Davis Hanson, National Review (great read)
Afghani district cuts its own peace deal with the Taliban.
Oh, snap. The new head of the intelligence committee was one of the early opponents of the war.
* Court finds FEMA aid application process such a mess that it's unconstitutional – and Kafka-esque.
* Attention Congress: it's the corruption, stupid.
* Oh, right, and, Mexico has a new president.
* How climate change is already affecting real estate.
* The secret of the Stradivarius violins uncovered?
* Why are penguins so popular in the media?
* Folk Alley's top 10 CDs of 2006
* More movies no one wants: Beverly Hills Cop 4.
Fametracker.com on the Pamela Anderson/Kid Rock breakup.
Measuring the speed of memes?
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.