Prison population in the US sets new records.
So, which is more disturbing: that the government is assigned scores rating the risk that travelers are terrorists or criminals, or the implementation of the new backscatter x-rays?
The Litvinenko affair: autopsy under way, with extreme precautions. And really, what the heck is going on here?
* Analysis: we still don't have that many policy options for Iraq. Here's a new bad idea, though: ignoring the Sunnis. Also, Howard Kurtz covers how the Iraq Study Group report is dead even before it's been released.
* Great. Lame-duck Republicans want to push through a bill defining when a fetus can feel pain.
* What we want to hear from the President.
* The media as pack animals?
* There's a problem when well-trained people can't find decent jobs.
* Justice Dept. quietly drops the case of the misleading election flyers in MD.
* I pretty much agree with Andrew Sullivan on Hillary Clinton.
* '1,600-year-old Roman coffin unearthed in London'
* Disney has a 'Mel Gibson' problem when it comes to marketing Apocalypto.
* Gamers trying to purchase their virtual world.
* SI.com presents the best dressed teams.
Hawking calls for humanity to colonize other planets.
New discovery: slow earthquakes.
More news on how sports stadiums are really bad investments for cities.