West Bank checkpoints continue to be a hardship for Palestinians.
Nearly a year later, and the Padilla case continues to be mired in confusion and inertia.
* For the military in Iraq, it's no longer about containing an insurgency, but stopping a civil war that could spread throughout the region.
* Analysis of the Republicans' picks for House leadership.
* Blair calls the invasion of Iraq 'a disaster.'
* Wait, wasn't this supposed to be a really rough hurricane season?
* Microsoft ponders its future direction.
* FilmThreat tears down Saturday Night Live.
"It's a new era of accountability in D.C. The Washington Nationals, after two years of mediocre results, install a new manager. The Washington Redskins, after half a season of awful results, install a new quarterback. In unrelated news, Bush once again expresses full confidence in Vice President Cheney."
"Half a century after his invention, having now outlived his creator by more than 40 years, James Bond has taken on an almost religious role in our lives, miraculously reincarnating and retooling."