* How the war in Somalia might spread into a regional conflict.
* American official says violence in Afghanistan is likely to get worse, not better.
* Why is Bush bringing back six failed judicial nominees?
* Hoyer wins majority leadership post.
* Jonah Goldberg puzzles over the unlikely return of Trent Lott. Bonus observations from Dana Milbank.
* Five myths about the midterm elections.
* NoVA vs. grits: the growing 'cultural chasm' in Virginia.
* Why Britain is taking the lead in biomedical research.
* "A team of experts has drawn up five 'grand challenges' in order to evaluate the safety of nanotechnology."
* Finding culture on YouTube.