Previously, on Lost...
Hurley: No luck, dudes. We've looked everywhere. Eko's gone.
Charlie: There's no trail.
Hurley: Not like we know what a trail looks like.
* "Don't mistake coincidence for fate." -Locke
* "I'm not big on mysteries." -Jack
* "I saw a bright light. It was beautiful." -Locke
* "You do not know who I am." -Eko
* "I guess he'll be expecting us." -Locke
* "You owe him one church." -Amina
* "Are you ready, Eko?"
* "I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I only did what I had to do to survive. A small boy asked me once if I was a bad man. If I could answer him now, I would tell him that when I was his age, I killed a man to save my brother. I am not sorry for this. I am proud of this. I was not asked for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless, and with it, I did my best." -Eko
* "You talk to me like I'm your brother." (AAAAAHHHH)
* "He said we're next." -Locke
Next week: holy hell, everything goes down. Can't wait to see what they have for the mid-season cliffhanger.
OK, wow, Bernard better totally watch out, he's the only surviving castaway from the tail section. I will totally miss Eko, he was one of my favorite parts of the show.
So. The smoke monster was causing some or all of Eko's visions. Which leads to a lot more questions. For instance... is it sentient? And telepathic? AND WHERE THE HELL IS WALT
See also: dead bodies. At the beginning, we see the Others giving their lost member a Viking funeral. Little odd. Same episode, Eko finds his brother's body missing. Jack's father's body also went missing, and soon thereafter, Jack was seeing his dad walking around. Were the Others trying to prevent Coleen from reappearing by not burying her? They totally need to go dig up Boone, Shannon, and the rest of the dead people, make sure they're still there.
And, what happened to the magnetic anomaly that was kept in check by the Swan Station? Did it just go away after the 'failsafe' was used?
* Blah, blah, blah. Hey, exciting new station... CREEPY EYEPATCH GUY AAAAH
* Way to awkwardly work in the new cast members, guys.
* Juliet's use of the video and the cue cards? Fantastic. Seriously, I dug it, visually. I mean, she's totally setting Jack up. But the scene ruled.
* Speaking of scenes that ruled, gotta love the scene where Eko goes nuts and kills a bunch of people. The visual of him walking out of the church with a pistol in one hand and a bloody machete in the other, there's a keeper.