Whoah. "An international group of ecologists and economists warned yesterday that the world will run out of seafood by 2048 if steep declines in marine species continue at current rates." Words like "global collapse" scare me.
Grrr. Quietly, the administration fires the special auditor in Iraq.
"Now, in what may be the ultimate show of Karl Rovian chutzpah, Bush is righteously attacking Democrats for not having a plan to clean up the mess he himself made."
* "The central question for Bush... is America's best hope for stabilizing Iraq a broad effort to resolve tensions in the Middle East, including the Arab-Israeli dispute?"
* Is the anthrax case dead in the water?
* Dick Polman reminds us not to listen to the president but watch what he actually does.
* Ha ha ha! "The president of the National Association of Evangelicals, an outspoken opponent of gay marriage, has given up his post while a church panel investigates allegations he paid a man for sex." And apparently admitted to some of it.
* How Bush's worldview has lead to a new era of nuclear proliferation.
* Ouch. Bechtel Corp. plans to leave Iraq.
* Secret nuclear documents put online... by the government?
* Reagan-era flashback! "Daniel Ortega is back. Big time."
* Election day in Virginia may be a test of a changing population.
Good reads: on the ground in Iraq, at an intersection nicknamed "Firecracker," and in Afghanistan, with the Royal Marines.
OK, the Kerry botched joke story was way overblown, but at least our troops in Iraq are having fun with it.