The Shield: Day One was rather awesome, and a great way to implant retroactive foreshadowing (there has to be a better word for this) as well as showing us more of the characters (Dutch!) while bringing in new threads (so, what happened to Gannon?)
Also, where people live on Earth.
"The federal deficit is growing much more quickly than expected, even before Congress takes up President Bush's tax-cutting proposals and without factoring in the costs of a war in Iraq, Congressional analysts have concluded."
And Howard Kurtz on... bringing back the draft.
* Man arrested for wearing peace T-shirt.
* Martin Schram gets all science-fictiony and looks back, from the future, at the turning point for the Bush presidency.
* Not scared enough? Find out about the looming threat of water scarcity.
* Ugh. Monopoly money. (Courtesy the Baroness.)
* Yes, Virginia, the pledge is exclusionary.
* In new twist, feds seize Internet domain names. I presume they are just trying to up their street cred.
* ACLU defends anonymity of Internet chat rooms.
* Mulling over the new American empire.