Study shows that while you can get cheaper housing farther from urban areas, you end up losing that money in commuting costs anyways. (I heard this last night on Marketplace.)
"...The real value of today's federal minimum wage is less than it has been at any time since 1951. "
So now Bush is a fan of diplomacy? Also, Will Bunch takes on the word "tolerates".
* "The U.S. government has constantly oversold and overreached in its counter-terrorism efforts, turning weak or non-existent terror cases into headliners." -Andrew Cohen
* Howard Kurtz reviews Tony Snow's performance so far.
* Actually, Mr. President, fighting them 'over there' doesn't actually affect them fighting us 'over here.'
* Times editorial talks about Bush's empty rhetoric.
* Dana Milbank observes the President's news conference.
* Political campaigns now hire people just to shadow their opponents, waiting for mistakes.
* Man, Republicans are still obsessed with Chappaquiddick.
* Lloyd Garver: "Besides, does anyone really think the federal government could build anything 700 miles long?"
Today's top headline: David Bowie thrilled to work with SpongeBob
Runner-up: Vatican unveils world of the dead
*Second* runner-up: Literature and Lullabies from the 'Axis of Evil'