Employees have different rights when working for religious organizations.
"The firings of dozens of mid-level state workers early in the tenure of Maryland Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. may, in some instances, have violated those employees' constitutional rights and run afoul of state law."
* Quick Q&A on the North Korea situation. Time looks at the politics of the bomb.
* Unrest in Somalia continues.
* The FBI continues to work to reinvent itself in the face of the war on terror.
* The Foley probe: what did they know, and when did they know it?
* In a nice change of pace, the military is meeting its recruiting goals.
* UK astronomers to help keep watch for planet-killing asteroids.
* Chimps aren't human, but are chimps people?
* Post review of the get your war on stage play.
* Johnny Rotten! Sofia Coppola names seven influences on her new movie Marie Antoinette.
Another Nobel prize for America? Yes please!
Whoah. New technique may end chronic viral illnesses. Fingers crossed. (Courtesy pictsy.)