Post story on the Cardin/Steele debate.
Lou Dobbs on casualties of the class war.
* NPR covers the debate over a nuclear Iran.
* The GAO finds that Medicare patient data is insecure.
* Dottie Lynch on a coming rift between Republicans and conservatives. Also, Dana Milbank, on Hastert's defenders.
* "A grieving grandfather told young relatives not to hate the gunman who killed five girls in an Amish schoolhouse."
* American scientist takes the Nobel prize for chemistry. His dad one won for medicine in 1959.
* Anorexics denied insurance coverage.
* The Kashmir earthquake, one year later.
Richard Donner get another shot at Superman, but this time, in comic books.
Examining the wreck of the USS Macon, a Navy dirigible that crashed in 1935.
In pictures: Katrina's trailer park refugees