-Bob Woodward (Excellent NYTimes book review here.)
Oh, that new detainee bill? They forgot to mention how it means U.S. citizens can more easily be declared enemy combatants.
"The House of Representatives has passed a bill that undermines enforcement of the First Amendment's separation of church and state."
A terrorist attack, an administration destroying the Constitution, a war on terror... and the fall of Rome. Oh, and pirates.
* Bad news about trying to eliminate the Taliban.
* Complete curfew ordered in Bagdhad.
* Violence is on the rise in Kabul.
* Senior official in Britain is critical of the US conduct in the war on terror.
* Speaking of Britain: "One of most remarkable things is frank admission that war on terror Afghan and Iraq has radicalized generation of Muslims across the world."
* What push towards democracy? Bush gets friendly with the authoritarian government of Kazakhstan.
* Should military troops be used as police officers?
* India is suffering a water shortage.
* On chessmasters and toilet breaks.
* Scarlett Johansson may or may not be the "Sexiest Woman Alive," but she certainly needs a spellchecker.
A new look at the face on Mars.
How music downloads could make Top 40 more democratic.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.