Post analysis finds some holes in the recently-passed detainee legislation.
Bush certainly opposes abortion, but once they're born, his position is murkier.
* "The White House ignored an urgent warning in September 2003 from a top Iraq adviser who said that thousands of additional American troops were desperately needed to quell the insurgency there, according to a new book by Bob Woodward... [which] describes a White House riven by dysfunction and division over the war." (Plus some analysis and review from Howard Kurtz.)
* Report shows Abramoff and his cohorts 485 contacts with the White House.
* Journalists in Iraq run afoul of the legal code.
* The Senate approves $70 billion more for the war. No one blinks.
* Japan's new prime minister has some interesting ideas...
* As the Rev. Moon gets older, cracks are appearing in his empire.
* BAGnewsNotes on the changing Newsweek cover. Sign of the times, folks.
* Huh. Showtime's new detective show Dexter focuses on a serial killer who solves crimes.
If you're going to the airport, don't write "Kip Hawley is an Idiot" on your bags. Just sayin'.
"Six ways for Hollywood to stop alienating women."
Casting for Iron Man is announced. I've put some thoughts up about it here.