Good read: Dick Meyer on the partisan spinning of intelligence.
Mars rover Opportunity scored some pics of an awesome crater.
* Dear Dr. Rice: when you say "We're not going to sit by and allow this kind of death and destruction to continue," in regards to Darfur, you might want to add, 'not including the last six years, of course, since my boss was busy then.' Oh, and then, actually do something. Yeesh.
* Remember those great no-bid contracts the administration handed out for Iraqi reconstruction? He's the fruits of that labor, in the Iraqi police academy. "Greeted as liberators," people. Just keep saying it.
* Iraqi government reportedly blocking attempts to bring down Shiite militias.
* Quick: name something Congress accomplished this year.
* Interesting. Political refugees are moving towards mid-sized cities.
* Local: Mfume endorses Cardin.
* Did NOAA block a report linking global warming to hurricane strength?
* "The indications are that we can create a show that would give people the chance to go into space. It would be a cross between Dr Who, Star Trek and the Krypton Factor."
* Oscar hope for Almodovar?
* Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin? Sign me up!
* Heh. What if we threw an interactive viral mystery and... no one noticed?
Recreating the 1918 flu virus, to figure out what went so bad.
"I'm getting a little bored with films." Peter Jackson to make a series of games based on Halo for the X-Box.
Today's headline: Fake Reporter Is Bane Of Kazakhstan