"...Prisoner abuse by Special Forces units was more common in Afghanistan than previously acknowledged."
Need new ideas for creative advertising? How about, instead of pushing the product, you try to pull in the consumer?
* Abu Aardvark is skeptical of the 'bin Laden died' rumor.
* The Justice Dept. wants to avoid a lawsuit by an Islamic charity challenging a secret surveillance program.
* New report blasts how the government approves and regulates drugs.
* Looking for lessons for the fall election... from 1994.
* Now that you think about it, it's been a goofy few years for the Republican party.
* Starbucks raises coffee prices.
* More things I can't make up: "The girlfriends of gang members in one of Colombia's most violent cities have called off a sex strike aimed at ending a deadly gang feud."
I heard it on NPR: Orwell on writing.
Sheep for wine?
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.
[EDIT: More stories added in comments, 2:09 AM ET, 9/24/2006.]