"The president goes to Capitol Hill to lobby for torture... President Bush rarely visits Congress. So it was a measure of his painfully skewed priorities that Mr. Bush made the unaccustomed trip yesterday to seek legislative permission for the CIA to make people disappear into secret prisons and have information extracted from them by means he dare not describe publicly."
Abu Aardvark on how Bush is helping al-Qaeda. (Bonus: some interesting new poll numbers from the Arab world.)
* New operation seeks to seal off Bagdhad.
* So the Pope is upset that Muslims are mad at him. Maybe he shouldn't have used words like "evil and inhuman" in that case. Yeesh.
* Analysis: CIA use of torture seen as vital by the administration.
* Covering yesterday's Rose Garden press conference.
* Real progress in Iraq remains stalled.
* Oh, I get it. It's ok that Anbar is lost, because it's not that important.
* So, uh, what would the Democrats actually do?
* A growing rift in Mexico.
Big budget bombs at the Toronto film fest.