Ouch. Blistering report criticizes our lack of real intelligence on Iran. Meanwhile, certain Republicans are pushing for a harder line against Iran, in a scenario that might sound familiar.
Biden has a plan to hold Iraq together.
Today's good (but intense) read: meet Najim Abid, the man who washes the Iraqi dead for burial.
* Amnesty International accuses Israel of war crimes.
* Bush's shifting rhetoric on Iraq offers interesting insight.
* Awakening the 'Shiite giant'.
* Rice is revamping the rules for foreign service for the better.
* More firsthand account from Jill Carroll, including how her kidnappers liked Tom and Jerry.
* East vs. west: Katrina refugees have different experiences, based on where they ended up.
* Mission Accomplished for welfare reform?
* BAGnewsNotes on Bush's notes from the press conference.
* As seen elsewhere, check out the political contributions by various celebrities.
* Dick Meyer on the stupidity of the 'kabuki security' at airports.
* Kids get a flashback to the one-room schoolhouse of yesteryear.
* The surprising honesty of the Cruise firing. The lesson? Be likeable.
Clever: Survivor to seperate this season's contestants by race.
Robin D. Laws with some gaming finds from GenCon.