-Fred Kaplan (today's must-read)
Good read: learning the Iranian art of hiding what you mean to say.
Aw, yeah. One lucky commuter will win the chance to blow up the Wilson Bridge.
* Why Israel is delaying an invasion of Lebanon.
* BAGnewsNotes reads between the lines of those bombing pictures from Lebanon.
* "If you lose a campaign and then come around two, or four, or six years later to challenge the man who beat you, that's one thing. If you lose a campaign and keep running as if you hadn't lost, that's another."
* Will the Lieberman loss help Republicans? The jury remains undecided. Is this a sign for incumbents everywhere?
* China hit by super typhoon.
* Restoring a NASA relic.
* Neat: digging a water tunnel under New York.
* Physicist James Van Allen passed away.
EW.com has its eye on ten fall movies.
On classifying Pluto and dwarf planets.
"In what can only be read as a sign of the apocalypse, Paris Hilton has been given her own line of Hello Kitty figures by Sanrio."