The Way We Live Now: ballots and bullets. The collateral damage in the mind. A young reporter faces their first warzone.
Rumsfeld seems stuck in a time loop.
"Is conservatism finished? What might have seemed an absurd question less than two years ago is now one of the most important issues in American politics."
-E.J. Dionne Jr.
* Hezbollah and the Iraqi civil war. Also, who can disarm Hezbollah?
* Is Israel hooked on militarism?
* How helping Syria would help Israel.
* Andrew Cohen on cutting a deal on military tribunals for detainees.
* The Salvation Army faces an unexpected problem.
* Castro and his reign through ten presidencies.
* A look at the modern Five Percenters.
* Interesting read: taking another look at Mel Gibson's Passion.
* I heard it on NPR: Sleater-Kinney in concert.
What if we drew a congressional district that was designed to be balanced?
"Manufactured commodities are an artistic medium? Branding is a form of personal expression? Indie businesses are a means of dropping out? Turning your lifestyle into a business is rebellious?"
Muslims re-examine the words of the Prophet in the modern world.