A lost generation in the Congo.
"Why good countries fight dirty wars."
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* Analysis: how the Israel-Lebanon war could undercut Bush's long-term goals.
* World shocked by Israeli strike on Qana, as the airstrike cease fire collapses. Plus, how it came as a surprise to Rice.
* The Taliban continue to attack schools in Afghanistan.
* Looking for new solutions to the DC crime problem.
* Only 100 days until midterm elections.
* Gentrification and displacement as part of the long war between rich and poor.
* Emergency planners to include pets, too.
* Do we eat too much food because of 'unit bias'?
* Examining the relationship between the FDA and drugmakers.
* NASA reconsiders the space station.
How art can improve literacy. (Courtesy M.)