Admitting problems, the administration is sending more troops into Iraq. Dana Milbank covers the press conference with the Iraqi leader.
"Alberto Gonzales is achieving something remarkable, even miraculous, as attorney general: He is making John Ashcroft look good."
Ha ha ha. Mystery solved: "[Steele] realizes that he can't win being a conservative Republican in Maryland in 2006." (Bonus: Howard Kurtz on the case.)
* The Israel-Lebanon conflict: here's a good overview of how we want things to go. Clues on Israel's new strategy. castironskillet has a case of deja vu.
* Lou Dobbs: "Why is the president ignoring our laws?"
* Bush meets with Sudanese rebel leader who might be responsible for crimes against humanity.
* Should they allow hearsay as evidence against Guantanamo detainees?
* How your senator voted on the interstate abortion bill.
* The religious left gears up to fight the influence of the religious right.
* Evidence of lakes on Titan?
* Everyone loves Fred Willard.
* Re-reviewing the top ten pop singles this week... in 1998.
* ComiCon report on a possible future for Babylon 5.
A new blog is dedicated to counting unfunny golf jokes on the comics page. Which is to say, all golf jokes.
DCeiver hits the highlights of the Hill Hotties of 2006.
Courtesy warmaster, how Hollywood hires butt doubles.