Bam. An American Bar Association group says Bush is violating the Constitution with his signing statements. Also, 'the father of modern conservatism,' William F. Buckley, says Bush isn't a real conservative.
Arlen Specter discusses domestic surveillance.
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* The Israel-Lebanon War: NYTimes analysis of an aggressive new era for Israel. Bush sends humanitarian aid to Lebanon, but still doesn't call for a cease fire. UN appalled by Israel's devastating attacks on Lebanon. Bolton defends Israel's offensive. Blair wants a long-term peace plan. Howard Kurtz on the war of images.
* Pakistan starts work on a controversial new reactor.
* So, uh, for our foreign policy, where do we go from here?
* Eight issues that will shape the midterm elections.
* Evolution, from a lemur to Stephen Jay Gould.
* Heh. O'Reilly avoided Olbermann.
* A magic shop on Georgia Avenue disappears.
One man stands up to Warren Jeff's polygamist cult.
The TV networks come to ComiCon (turns out there's some fans there.)