Top read: Dick Meyer on mistaken beliefs about democracy in the Middle East.
* The Mideast War: Time analysis of our slow-motion diplomacy. The administration is at odds with our allies over the reaction. No safe haven remains in Lebanon. And how about those pics of kids signing bombs?
* Don't forget the three Israeli soldiers kidnapped that kicked this whole mess off.
* Who is helping the Taliban return in Afghanistan?
* DC puts an emergency curfew in place to get crime under control.
* Republicans distance themselves from Bush over Iraq.
* Buddhism returns to Mongolia.
* How about ads on airplane barf bags?
The brave new world of weblogs.
Headline of the day: Nuclear plant struck by jellyfish
The runner-up: Poisoned PowerPoint attacks users