Courtesy sgeimh_solais: Frontline report from inside the Iraqi insurgency.
How corporate America is embracing equal rights for gays, lesbians, et al.
Good read: Richard Linklater brings two topical movies to the big screen.
* Dying is still not permitted at Guantanamo.
* "Die-Hards or Dupes": two diverse views of the Miami terror suspects.
* An asteroid will have a close encounter with Earth on Sunday and Monday.
* Vatican official seeks to excommunicate stem cell researchers.
* Marking the 90th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme. Also, rethinking the history.
* Movie trailers as art.
* Cirque de Soleil premieres its new Beatles show.
Today's top headline: Witch Doctors Join in AIDS Fight
Visiting the annual obituary writers conference.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.
[EDITOR'S NOTE: This is likely the last big news post until Wednesday or so.]