Tech companies want federal privacy laws. Also, how the police are bypassing subpoenas to get phone records.
BAGnewsNotes on the story broken from the man inside Guantanamo, one and two.
* Dana Milbank on annoying political slogans.
* Howard Kurtz on fact-checking Cheney and his 'last throes'.
* Shocking! Congress finds a way to put off the illegal immigration issue until after the elections.
* Bush walks into the European summit as a very unpopular president.
* Katrina left a wake of depression and suicide.
* Ehrlich's circus on the electricity hike.
* Seeking more cooperation in the future development of the area.
* Today's headline: Earth surrounded by giant fizzy bubbles
* Legendary BBC show Top of the Pops cancelled.
Tom Shales on Dan Rather's awkward exit from CBS.
Krrish - Bollywood's first superhero movie.
Electronic Arts to buy Mythic Entertainment.
Wizard interviews Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics.