Good read: James Wolcott on the reality in Iraq and Afghanistan. (Courtesy Iceman.)
* Will India become the world's next superpower?
* The 'curious concept' of the life sentence in prison.
* China's mobile death penalty truck. No seriously. Courtesy Ocho.
* The money's there for New Orleans, but there's still no rebuilding plan.
* The mystery of the declining rate of rape in America.
* Murtha replies to Rove.
* Catalonia votes for autonomy.
* Star Trek fans shoot their own videos.
* The Australian Army vs. toads.
Today's top headline: Fans lose trousers to gain entry
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.