Extremism is not part of Islamic law.
Ouch. So if the war is going so well, why is the Voice of America in Bagdhad bureau still closed?
BAGnewsNotes on the new Iraqi government.
'How to lose the House in two years.'
* Amnesty International: "War outsourcing is creating the corporate equivalent of Guantanamo Bay — a virtual rules-free zone in which perpetrators are not likely to be held accountable for breaking the law."
* "There is no point to this amendment except to say to members of our currently large Spanish-speaking population that they will be legally and formally disrespected.."
* Dana Milbank on the Jefferson scandal.
* The author of al-Qaeda's strategy.
* New Orleans judge stands up for those imprisoned without justice.
* Despite temporary fixes, No Child Left Behind remains problematic.
* Crime-solving, mind-detecting robot. (Courtesy rstevens.)
* Charlie Gibson to anchor ABC News.
* I heard it on NPR: a musical conversation with T Bone Burnett.
Tom Shales on Stephen King's Desperation.
I heard it on NPR: Leonard Cohen's 'Book of Longing'