'The Iraqi police are a battered and dysfunctional force that has helped bring the country to the brink of civil war.'
"The religious left is back."
On conspiracy theory, engineered controversy, and the popularity of Da Vinci Code. Bonus: the Da Vinci brand.
* Dan Froomkin, on Bush changing the subject.
* 'Brace yourself for a summer of miserable air travel.'
* NPR special report, on why a levee fell in New Orleans.
* An increasing number of babies are being born prematurely.
* China finally completes the controversial Three Gorges Dam.
* "Both the Senate and House have now passed legislation to dramatically increase penalties for broadcasters that break federal rules and air profane or indecent material during certain hours."
* The NPR Ombudsman on the NPR-Fox connection.
* India still struggles with the caste system.
* Zing. McCain heckled at commencement speech.
* Have they found the bones of Columbus?
No, really: German anarchists, dressed as superheroes, 'liberate' gourmet food and give it to the poor.
history_spork is taking votes for historical movies to mock.
And, ten things we didn't know this time last week.