* New York Times editorial on the Estrada nomination.
* Bush talks compassion and slashes funding.
* Congress puts severe restrictions on Total Information Awareness database.
* Why this isn't a war for oil.
* Advocacy group (which I may end up joining) challenges federal funding for faith-based initiatives.
* Alan Greenspan, the rock god of economists, disagrees with Bush's economic policy in a big way.
* Hal Holbrook, half a century of playing Mark Twain.
Fortune Cookie: "It is impossible to please everybody. Please yourself first."