Remember Afghanistan? As the new government weakens, the Taliban makes a comeback.
Eugene Robinson laments a nation of fear.
Milbank on Rove's rare public appearance. E.J. Dionne Jr. wonders what he's thinking.
On the front lines of the rebuilding effort: the story of an ambushed convoy in Iraq.
* Fact-checking the president's speech. If you find more, post 'em below.
* The crusade for democracy is set aside for convenience in forging ties with former enemy Libya.
* BBC analysis of the falling dollar.
* Examining those Rove indictment rumors.
* Richard Cohen on McCain's speech at Falwell University. BAGnewsNotes covers the visual angle.
* McCarrick retires as head of the DC archdiocese; Wuerl named as his replacement.
* Differences and similarities in teen sex over here and in Europe. (Courtesy Ocho.)
* A new scientific link between smell and sexuality?
* Treat all women as potentially pregnant?
* Stanley Kunitz, poet laureate, passed away.
Tom Tomorrow on the revised story, and Tom Toles on the economic outlook.
New finds lead to a rethinking of Mayan history.
Sinking fast: the anatomy of a movie flop.