Sebastian Mallaby thinks it's time to end the tax cut myth.
Experts fear for America's 'near poor.'
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* Congress looks into intelligence contracting.
* Republicans express displeasure with the new CIA pick.
* The BBC looks at the week ahead in news.
* Republicans bring back the judicial approval fight, as they start to actually become afraid of losing in November.
* Bush says he wants to close Guantanamo.
* BAGnewsNotes on a nadir in Iraq.
* Did Bush prompt Jack Straw's departure?
* Florida deals with fire instead of water, for a change.
* Port Tobacco, Maryland. Population: all of 18.
* Will Hollywood be able to cash in with this batch of summer movies?
Should Hollywood join in the war on terrorism?
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.