Kevin Drum wonders why Republicans opposed mileage standards for cars. Ten states are planning a challenge. Republicans decide against their $100 gas rebate idea (good call.)
"Much of the U.S. government no longer believes in, and is no longer acting to enforce, the Bush Doctrine."
Courtesy Khan Imam: The Rehabilitation of the Cold-War Liberal
* Josh Marshall on a defeated administration.
* E.J. Dionne Jr. on saving FEMA and remembering Galbraith.
* Israel's next roadblock.
* Sigh. Most young Americans can't find Iraq on a world map.
* Maryland bans roadside tributes.
* Watching closely for gravitational ripples.
* Scientific journals look to close the credibility gap.
BAGnewsNotes on Colbert's performance.
Rush Limbaugh tries to save face.
An ATM card that lets you withdraw real money earned in your video game?