"Maybe some people are a little intimidated by the way the White House plays the soft-on-terror card. Whatever the reason, I worry that we're not as worried as we should be."
"Unfortunately, far from defending the Constitution, President Bush has repeatedly sought to strip out the limits the document places on federal power."
-Cato Institute report
"...The biggest evil of blogs is that first flaw, blogging's original sin: the discounting of news-gathering in favor of news analysis. Bloggers are forever telling us how easy journalism is, yet very few of them have ever really practiced it."
* Heh. Specter threatens to cut off funding to domestic surveillance program.
* Dana Milbank on congressional gridlock.
* Charles Krauthammer explains the reasons behind the gas price crisis. Also, Hastert show his real determination.
* Dick Polman on why the Democrats are falling for the Snow job. Meanwhile, David S. Broder hopes the president sees the wisdom of keeping the press - and thusly the American people - more informed.
* White House reporters ask to change the channel.
* E.J. Dionne Jr. on a new look at gun control.
* George Allen's identity crisis.
Egyptologists work on their own online encyclopedia.
CNN gives us an overview of summer movies. (Bonus: Liev Schreiber!)