Oil reaches new highs yet again. How much blame does the government deserve? Bonus analysis by Howard Kurtz.
Declining health among the Katrina refugees.
* Maybe Secretary Rice could pick our allies a little better?
* The new left axis in Latin America.
* David Broder says, let's listen to the brass.
* "As President Bush's popularity falls, the nation's color divide adds a few hues."
* Attention conspiracy theory buffs: How about some Pentagon secret police? (Courtesy Emerald.)
* Dana Milbank on the Democrats' dark horse.
* Filmmakers and historians ask the Smithsonian to end their exclusive deal with Showtime.
* Hey, one of those traffic light changers did work!
* Why is American Idol so... Southern?
Were these dinosaur super-predators pack hunters?
Remembering the 100th anniversary of the Great Quake of San Francisco.