NPR covers what's at stake in the debate over whether or not Iraq is in a civil war.
Commentary on the Washington Post's new "Red America" blog, one from Media Matters and one from Josh Marshall.
"In fact, a stunning 83 percent of the pieces appearing [in the New York Times] that discussed abortion were written by men."
THOR'S DAY NEWSDAY:
* So, what if things in Iraq are worse than the media is reporting?
* Good read: between the lines of the Supreme Court's most recent decision.
* A new legal tactic to bring justice to the Guantanamo detainees.
* Crime returns to New Orleans.
* Courtesy rackletang: the Sioux bring hope to women in South Dakota.
* NASA launches microsatellites to study the Earth's magnetic fields.
* More space station woes.
* The many deaths of Steve Buscemi.
* The Da Vinci Code defense reveals the secrets of a pulp novelist.
* South Park fans threaten a boycott of Mission: Impossible 3.
Texas is arresting people for public drunkenness... in bars.
I'm ahead of the curve: beards are back in style, baby.
The article is interesting, but the added bonus is Andrew W.K. singing "Mandy".