"Bush tried to explain. But in the end, what he provided was yet another example of what others see - and he doesn't. That would be reality."
The administration has funneled at least $157 million in taxpayer money to groups that support its agenda on social issues.
Jeff Greenfield examines election predictions and the war.
PRESS CONFERENCE AFTERMATH AND OTHER NEWS:
* Howard Kurtz and Dan Froomkin on the reactions to yesterday's press conference. Also, Dana Milbank gives his insightful review of the proceedings.
* A reality check on the current state of Bush's prime example: Tall Afar. Plus more fact checks from Senate Democrats, and one by Dick Polman.
* BAGnewsNotes with images from the press conference. The Post still approves of the press conference itself.
* Frank Hames on Bush's inadequate answers to the public.
* Eta declared a permanent ceasefire. (Bonus: BBC Eta FAQ.)
* Howard Kurtz on the press turning on McCain.
* Tom Toles on Bush's predictions.
* Hidden emergency provisions from the Cold War found under bridge in NYC.
"This berserk little B-movie is obviously the greatest zombie flick ever set in an experimental women's prison."
Today's comic book history: the original swamp monster hero.
Today's animated icon: ten ways Dick Cheney can kill you.