QUICK FRIDAY NEWS:
* Republicans have second thoughts no Bush's pro-democracy crusade.
* The Republican backlash in Congress has been brewing for a while.
* E.J. Dionne Jr. on the Democrats' scramble.
* More on Ginsberg and the Supreme Court death threats.
* Charles Krauthammer on gay marriage and polygamy.
* Eugene Robinson on Condi Rice as the (un)candidate.
* More on the lawyer who botched the Moussaouicase.
* Wait, they weren't pardoned decades ago?
"The Pentagon's defence scientists want to create an army of cyber-insects that can be remotely controlled to check out explosives and send transmissions."
Today's headline: How William Shatner Changed the World