Doctors refuse to assist in California execution.
Andrew Cohen on why some sensational crimes are given obtuse amounts of media attention.
Richard Cohen in defense of leakers.
* See, here's the problem. If we refuse to fund the Palestinians, someone else will. And I reiterate: how does it look if we talk up democracy all over the Middle East, and then pull these shenanigans when we don't like the winners? Gah.
* Debating the government's definition of poverty.
* E.J. Dionne Jr. on creating wealth for the poor.
* Interesting read: "Why can't Muslims take a joke?" (Courtesy thewronghands.)
* Turmoil at the State Department over a reshuffle.
* Supreme Court allows hallucinogenic tea for religious use.
* Teaching army officers to think globally.
* Who are the scientists actually signing anti-evolution petitions?
* Scientists compile a list of the top ten places to search for life in the universe.
* Andrew Jackson, the godfather of democracy.
* ZOMG 33 pound cat.
"Considering how much faith we have in the democratic way we elect our leaders, it's disappointing to look at some of the leaders we've elected. Even the word we use to describe them as public officials is kind of disparaging. When we call someone a politician, we don't mean it as flattery."
Today's awesome headline: Bikers roll to military funerals to oppose anti-gay protests
Fametracker.com kicks off Oscars week with a speculative winners edition.