"The political tactic of playing up the soldiers on the battlefield while tearing down the reputations of veterans who oppose them could eventually cost the Republicans dearly."
This just in: traffic in the region is getting worse. Here's the hotspots. And a graphic.
* Transcript of Cheney on Fox. Dan Froomkin notes Cheney isn't clearing things up, including the unanswered questions. Speaking of which, Cheney claimed he had the power to declassify secrets. Also, how Brit Hume landed the big story.
* "The Cheney shooting and the Katrina response have raised tough questions about what the president knows, when he knows it and how the White House shares information with elected officials and the public."
* World Opinion Roundup on double standards and the Muslim media.
* Justice Department to examine its role in approving domestic surveillance.
* Report blasts No Child Left Behind program.
* New calls for openness at NASA.
* XM Radio gets kneecapped.
* This just in: no one cares about the Olympics.
* New Bond villain named. Turns out he only looks like Stephen Baldwin.
Today's awesome headline: Toxic toads 'threaten disaster'