Andrew Cohen says the wiretap debate should go to the courts ASAP.
Part two of the Homeland Security series: how turf wars cost the department early on.
"Can you imagine a more faithless pursuit than trying to prove the existence of God?" -Eugene Robinson
* Analysis: and then Congress found its backbone.
* Uncovering the influence of lobbyists on the opinions page.
* Alito memo discussed overturning Roe v. Wade. A good read if you want to get mad.
* Inside the Lincoln Group.
* Santorum breaks with 'intelligent design' group.
* Feh. The premiere cloning breakthrough of the year tuns out to be faked.
* Kangaroos are scared of the sound of their own feet?
* 2005 was bad news for the box office.
* Glamor shots of Bin Laden's niece.
The BBC presents its most read stories of 2005.