How Homeland Security was undermined from day one.
Oh, snap. Court says no the the administration's request on Padilla.
Scott McClellan, the unanswer man.
* "President Bush's acknowledgment that he unilaterally approved domestic spying is the latest piece of evidence supporting complaints that his White House operates essentially unchecked by the legislative and judicial branches." -Dan Froomkin
* "It seems clear that there's something involved here that goes far beyond ordinary wiretaps, regardless of the technology used. Perhaps some kind of massive data mining, which makes it impossible to get individual warrants? Stay tuned." -Kevin Drum
* Yeah, that leak Bush claimed about bin Laden's phone? Totally not true.
* The BBC notes 2005 was a bad year for Bush.
* How the war on terror is helping the war on drugs.
* Local authorities were never informed the EPA keeps track of pollution scores nationwide.
* Top ten fastest growing states.
* Creating a world of tech junkies.
* Kilt-wearing student fights school dress code.
* A new book on misquoting Jesus.
A grad student thinks like a thief to recover her stolen thesis.
In defense of Beowulf.
Interview with Andy Serkis, the man behind Gollum and Kong.
Courtesy Emerald: Stalin's half-man, half-ape super-warriors